Nicolas practises in the areas of corporate and commercial law as well as intellectual property law, including copyrights and trademarks.
Nicolas provides legal services to companies and individuals. His corporate/commercial work includes mergers and acquisitions, purchase/sale of businesses and financings. Nicolas also advises on intellectual property matters, focusing on copyrights and trademarks. He has experience with transactional agreements involving intellectual property and technology, as well as credit union matters.
Before joining MLT Aikins, Nicolas completed his articles at a preeminent business law firm in Ottawa, serving high tech and start up clients, and was called to the Bar in Ontario.
Nicolas is fluent in both English and French.
- Board Member, Junior Achievement Manitoba (2017-present)
- Business Coach, Fast Pitch, The Winnipeg Foundation (2018, 2019)
- Executive Member, Young Lawyers Section, Canadian Bar Association (2017-present)
- Member, Law Day Organizing Committee, Manitoba Bar Association (2017-present)
- Board of Directors, Ontario Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Chair, Student Section, Ontario Bar Association (2016-2017)
- Intern, Department of Justice Canada, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat (2016)
- Team Member, International Commercial Mediation Competition, International Chamber of Commerce (France, 2016)
- Intern, Senate of Canada, Office of the Law Clerk and Parliamentary Counsel (2014)
- Board Member, Manitoba Soccer Referees’ Association (2008-2011)
- Provincial Soccer Referee with multiple national appointments, including the final of Dallas Cup (Dallas, TX, 2017) and the Canada Summer Games (Winnipeg, 2017)
- Member, Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, SBFCC
- Referee of the Year, Manitoba Soccer Referees’ Association (2019)
- Dean’s Honour List, University of Ottawa (2016)
- Germain Massicotte Scholarship in Business Administration (2012)
- Great-West Life Scholarship in Business and Applied Management (2011, 2012)
- Outstanding Contribution to the Organization Award, Manitoba Soccer Referees’ Association (2011)
- Interview, « Pourquoi les grands bureaux d’avocats boudent-ils le Manitoba? », Derrière le Barreau: 140 ans de droit au Manitoba, CBC Radio-Canada