Contract A/B, NWPTA, P3 and CFTA, it all looks like alphabet soup. We know how to decode the enigma of procurement rules and help you develop a recipe for success.
- Crown Corporation Template Contracts: Assisted commercial crown corporation with development of a suite of standardized performance contracts and accompanying set of user guides.
- Health-care and Education Facilities: Acted for health organizations and school boards in all stages in the development, procurement and construction of various health-care facilities and school projects.
- Template Procurement Documents: Prepared template documents, including templates for Request for Quotation, Request for Proposal, and Request for Tender for various public and private sector clients.
- Procurement Strategies: Counsel to numerous public and private sector organizations in the development of custom procurement strategies for a variety of significant projects, including, infrastructure, power generation and transmission, power purchase arrangements, mine development, health-care clinical and support services and information technology.
- Custom Training: Developed and delivered customized procurement training sessions for a variety of public and private sector organizations, including municipal governments, health-care organizations and purchasing associations.
- Dispute Resolution: Counsel to a health region in successfully defending against an injunction application to prevent a procurement for clinical services from proceeding.
- FOI Request: Counsel to an urban municipality in successfully responding to a freedom of information access request from an unsuccessful bidder.
- Airport P3: Counsel to P3 partner in design, finance, build and operation of new airport facility.
- Municipal Infrastructure P3: Counsel to the City of Winnipeg to design, build, finance and maintain public-private partnership for construction of an extension of Chief Peguis Trail as well as for redevelopment of the Disraeli Bridges.
MLT Aikins is widely recognized across Western Canada for our extensive experience in helping purchasing organizations in both the public and private sector successfully achieve their procurement goals.
MLT Aikins frequently assists a variety of public sector clients (including provincial governments, municipalities, health regions, school boards, educational institutions and crown corporations) with a broad range of procurement related matters, including:
- legal compliance
- trade agreements
- strategic procurement planning
- developing procurement documents
- reviewing procurement policies
- handling procurement complaints and claims
- debriefing unsuccessful bidders
- negotiating with bidders
- procurement training
We also assist private sector organizations with evaluating and implementing a range of effective project procurement strategies including private public partnerships, tenders, request for proposals and competitive negotiations. We regularly help purchasing organizations evaluate whether a procurement should be conducted inside or outside of the law of competitive bidding and then develop an effective bidder selection process.
We also regularly assist our private and public sector clients in developing customized template procurement documents, contracts and corresponding user guides to ensure that all procurements are conducted in accordance with your organization’s established practices. MLT Aikins can also provide up-to-date, customized training sessions for your organization’s purchasing personnel.