Deirdre is a corporate/commercial and securities lawyer who focuses on mergers and acquisitions and corporate reorganizations.
Deirdre works with a wide range of clients – from start-ups to large public and privately held companies – in the retail, hospitality, real estate and manufacturing sectors. She regularly advises entrepreneurs on business formation and development, compliance and finance.
Deirdre has considerable experience working with clients in the veterinary industry. She has acted for numerous veterinary practices in Alberta and regularly advises clients on compliance matters with the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the Practice Inspection and Practice Standards (PIPS) Committee.
Deirdre is highly experienced in corporate M&A, divestitures, reorganizations, restructurings and business dissolutions. She has negotiated and drafted contracts for numerous business transactions, including the acquisition and disposition of assets and shares. Deirdre also helps clients access bank and equity financing.
Additionally, she advises clients on corporate governance matters, including incorporations, shareholder agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements, as well as clients’ shareholder and director rights and obligations.
Deirdre also advises clients on leasing commercial properties and real estate transactions.
- Advisor, Olds College Industry Advisory Committee, Brewmaster & Brewery Operations Management Program (2017-present)
- Director and Secretary, Alberta Small Brewers Association (2013-present)
- Canadian Bar Association, Securities Law Subsection Member (2010-present)
- Canadian Bar Association, Business Law Subsection Member (2010-present)
- Canadian Bar Association, Commercial Real Property Subsection Member (2010-present)
- Calgary Bar Association Member
- Law Society of Alberta
- Top 40 Under 40, Avenue Magazine (2015)