Laura Roberts is an ESG Specialist with more than 20 years of experience in regulatory approvals, environmental assessment, compliance and sustainability reporting.
Laura brings a passion for environmental protection, community and connection to her work. Before joining MLT Aikins, she spent more than 15 years with Suncor Energy Services Inc., where she served most recently as Manager, Regulatory Approvals and Projects for Suncor’s Fort Hills Oil Sands Project. In that role, she led a team of environmental and regulatory professionals in obtaining critical regulatory approvals and completing compliance reports.
Laura is a seasoned regulatory and environmental subject matter expert who has engaged with federal, provincial and municipal agencies, including the Impact Assessment Agency of Canada, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Alberta Energy Regulator and Alberta Environment. She has extensive experience consulting with external stakeholders including Indigenous communities, environmental non-government organizations, community organizations, academics and industry groups.
- Member, Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta
- Canada Green Building Council – LEED® Accredited Professional
- Project Team Member, Recycling Council of Alberta (2021 – present)
- GRI Certified Sustainability Professional – In Progress (2022 Completion Expected)
- Member, City of Sarnia Active Transportation Community Committee (2018)