Matthew is an associate lawyer based out of the firm’s Winnipeg office.
Matthew obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba. During law school he competed in the Davies’ Corporate & Securities Moot Competition in March of 2019 and the Harold G. Fox Intellectual Property Moot in February of 2020. He was a member of the legal team at SkipTheDishes where he worked on several privacy law projects, including the update and edit of both the internal and external privacy policies to ensure compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. In this role he developed rules and training materials to ensure all employees uphold privacy standards.
- Harold G. Fox Moot Team, University of Manitoba (2020)
- Academic committee, Manitoba Law Students’ Association (2018-2019)
- High school tutor (2014-present)
- Davies’ Moot Team, University of Manitoba (2019)
- JV football coach, St. Paul’s High School (2012-2018)
- Author, “The Rise of Microtransactions and the Freemium Business Model in Mobile and Video Games: Have Things Gone Too Far?” Asper Rev Intl Bus & Trade L. (2019)
- D’Arcy & Deacon LLP – Kenneth A. Filkow Q.C. Memorial Prize for highest standing in Legal Negotiation (2019)
- Dean’s Honours List, University of Manitoba (Fall 2011, Winter 2012)
- HOGG University 1 Entrance Scholarship, University of Manitoba (2011)