Esha is an articling student based out of the firm’s Calgary office.
Esha obtained her combined Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration from the University of Calgary in 2021. She brings a wealth of experience in project management in the energy sector to MLT Aikins, where she is now completing her articles after summering with the firm for the past three years.
Before entering law, Esha completed a Bachelor of Science, majoring in mechanical engineering with a minor in petroleum engineering. She went on to work at an ESG consulting firm, where she advised a number of clients in the energy sector on minimizing their environmental impact.
As a co-op student, Esha worked in a project management role at Suncor Energy, where she was part of the central integration team at the $12-billion Fort Hills bitumen mining and processing site in Fort McMurray. She also worked as a technical summer student at CNOOC International, where she researched and developed an optimization plan for a power generation plant, resulting in an increase of more than $1 million in cash generation per year. While at CNOOC, she also worked on the remediation and reclamation of about 100 well sites.
Esha has written on a variety of topics, including the potential for Western Canada to become a world leader in supplying clean energy to the crypto-mining sector. She has a keen interest in the potential for clean energy sources to chart a path to a sustainable, prosperous future.
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Court, Pro Bono Students Canada, Calgary (September 2017-2018)
- Volunteer, Hands-on Science Experiments Demonstrator, Let’s Talk Science, Calgary, (September 2019-2020) – Volunteer of the Semester award recipient
- President, Alberta International Petroleum Negotiators Club (September 2017-2020)
- McGillivray Moot Participant (February 2020)
- Career Day Facilitator (September 2020)
- Maunders R. Neil Award (2019)
- MBA Entrance Scholarship (2018)
- Jason Lang Scholarship (2012-2015)
- University of Calgary Entrance Scholarship (2011-2012)
- Wal-Mart Scholarship — Environmentalist (2011-2014)
- The Calgary Foundation — Aufritch Scholarship (2011-2014)
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship (2011)
- Dr. Paul & Mrs. Apar Sarpal Entrance Scholarship (2011)