Estate Planning & Administration
MLT Aikins estate planners and administrators provide integrated estate and tax planning advice to provide optimal outcomes for business and personal succession plans. Our lawyers have experience with high-level, sophisticated tax and estate planning, and are focused on helping clients achieve their personal and business goals.
Would you like to:
- Pass on a financial legacy to your children or a charity?
- Establish a charitable foundation (gift planning)?
- Structure your personal affairs to minimize personal or business tax?
- Establish a trust for the benefit of family or another party?
- Transition your business to your children or a third-party buyer (succession planning)?
- Protect your financial security or estate in light of a pending marriage, separation or divorce?
- Ensure that timely decisions can be made about your health and financial well-being in the event that you become unable to do so?
- Settle the affairs of a loved one who has passed away?
We can help. From the routine to the highly complex, our estate planners can assist with personal and business tax planning strategies to preserve capital and minimize tax, with the preparation of wills and powers of attorney, pre-nuptial agreements, guardianship documents, health care directives, trusts, estate freezes, income splitting arrangements and business reorganizations.
Our team members can also provide advice on probating wills and the administration of estates, and clarify the duties and obligations of executors and trustees – as well as any other matters or issues that may arise in respect of wills or the administration of estates.
Our services also extend to:
- Post-mortem planning
- Advising family when there is no will
- Application for probate
- Assisting executors
- Advising powers of attorney